|“||Good morning, I'm William the Weaverbird. Welcome to the savannah breakfast news. First, the weather: the sun will be hot, the desert will be dry, the water will be wet, and the grass will be green. Here is a newsflash just then. Let us report to that because the leaves are falling early this year, Cleopatra will be visiting the water hole today. Ahem! Well, that's all for now! This was William the Weaverbird on the savannah breakfast news!||„|
|~ William, giving a news report to the animals of the savannah about Cleopatra arriving in the savannah.|
William the Weaverbird (also known as "The Weaverbird" by short) is a weaverbird and is the majordomo of Africa. He is the friend of almost all African animals.
William has orange wings and a yellow body. He has purple eyes and a red beak.
William is a kind weaver, better to be known for being wise and helpful to animals. He usually hums by "La-ba-dee" when working. He is also known for reporting news about the weathers and events, whether the weather will be good or bad.
- The Story of Zed the Zebra (first appearance, book only, no lines)
- The Story of the Elephant Bird (first appearance in animation)
- The Story of the Dawn Chorus (vocalizations only)
- The Story of the Important Visitor
- The Story of Ronald and Rosie (scat lines only)
- The Story of Seamus the Stork
- The Story of Georgina, Queen of Fashion (no lines)
- The Story of Patsy the Porcupine (mentioned only as "The Weaverbird")
- The Story of Alan's Scooter (jabbering dialogue)
- The Story of Doris's Flower (jabbering dialogue)
- William has black wings and an orange beak in the book with the story of Zed.
- William is either based on an orange bishop or a red bishop. In other words, he might be based on a white-beaked buffalo weaver.
- William is not named until Season 2. Instead, he is called the "weaver bird" in Season 1. However, he is only called "William" in Episode 35.
- He shares very similar traits with Zazu. Both, he and Zazu are depicted as birds who give out the news. There are two differences between two. William is a weaver bird. Zazu is a hornbill.
- His first appearance is actually Episode 13, despite being shown in the opening song. He is seen dancing along with Pauline (Alan in Adobe Flash), Audrey, Ronald, and Herbert after Kevin bit Victor's tail.
- None of the other animals have ever mentioned his real name "William". William only says his real name while reporting the news.
- William does not talk in Adobe Flash. He makes gibberish noises when talking.