|“||You kids shouldn't be playing here; you're wasting water!||„|
|~ Wally, warning the animals about wasting water.|
Wally the Wombat is an elderly wombat. He is the shaman of the outback who controls the weather of Australia.
He is a light brown wombat with a purple nose.
He is very elderly and is usually known to be called "Wally Two-Trees". Wally is usually the oldest mammal living in Australia and is known to control the climate.
- The Story of Wally the Wombat (first appearance)
- The Story of Phoebe the Koala
- The Story of Joey's Camping Trip (mentioned only as the Monster of the Big Red Rock)
- The Story of the Big Billabong Wave
- The Story of the Play and Splash Pool
- The Story of Joey's Sleepover (no lines)
- The Story of the Together Stones
- The Story of the Jimjameree Tree
- The Story of the Boomerangball Game
- The Story of the Last Buluru Berry
- The Story of Gertie the Goat (indirect reference only)
- Even though Wally was tricking Joey, Jimmy, and Phoebe, he is not actually a villain. Instead, he counts as an anti-hero.
- He is the only character that can control the weather.
- He shares very similar traits with Master Shifu. Both, he and Shifu are depicted as wise animals. There are two differences between two. Wally is a wombat. Shifu is a red panda.
- He also shares similar characteristics with Uilleam in "Alice in Wonderland" by Tim Burton. Both, he and Uilleam are depicted as elderly animals; his name in Gaelic shares the same name with him. There are differences between two. Uilleam is a dodo with a cane. Wally is a wombat with a walking stick.
- His favorite instrument is the didgeridoo. It is given a major redesign in Adobe Flash.
- Wally is one of the few characters to have three names ("Wally Two Trees"). The other is Jack Big Claw.