|“||You can do it, Joey! Just try!||„|
|~ Ribbit, helping Joey jump.|
Ribbit the Frog is a green frog who speaks with an Australian accent. He is very good at helping young kangaroos that cannot jump yet. He lives near the billabong.
Ribbit looks like one of the frogs from Africa.
Ribbit is eventually very kind to Joey who is unable to jump. He blurts out the word "Ribbit" (which is the sound of a croaking frog) multiple times.
Ribbit is very helpful to Joey who can't jump yet. He gives him boots that allow him to jump perfectly for the jumping competition appearing in the billabong. He is also good in aiding Joey to tell him what to do.
- The Story of Joey the Kangaroo (first appearance)
- The Story of Wally the Wombat (one line only)
- The Story of Joey's Sleepover
- His name refers to the sound what a frog makes ("Ribbit", which is an alternate for frog croaks).
- Ribbit is the first frog to speak.
- He is the only frog to be given a unique name (not counting the other three in Africa).
- He is based on a green tree frog.
- Ribbit is one of the few animals to have a major redesign in Adobe Flash. He has a different size without the common model of a frog in traditional animation.
- Ribbit had to wear jumping boots when he was little as revealed by explaining to Joey. Ribbit as a little frog is never pictured nor seen in the cartoon.