|“||That's a right, girls; put your beaks up, push your feathers up, and a smile. Eccellente! (Translation: Excellent!) And now, standing on a one leg, thank you - No, left a leg, Mirabelle! And a hold... Perfetto! (Translation: Perfect!)||„|
|~ Isabel, teaching her students how to use their leg standing properly.|
Isabel the Flamingo is a pink flamingo who lives in Waterlily Lake. She is an instructor to her students Mirabelle and Annabelle, but is usually a bit mean or bossy sometimes. She speaks with an Italian accent.
She is based on a greater flamingo (Phoenicopterus roseus).
Isabel is apparently a bit of mean or bossy to her students and other animals. However, she could be a bit helpful. Eventually, Isabel is very busy chatting with her friends. She is sometimes seen with her students Annabelle and Mirabelle in groups.
- The Story of Molly and Nathalie (first appearance, no lines)
- The Story of Herbert's Birthday Party
- The Story of the Dawn Chorus (singing lines only)
- The Story of Isabel the Flamingo
- The Story of Seamus the Stork (one rarely heard line only)
- The Story of Herbert's Peaceful Day (one speaking line)
- The Story of Georgina, Queen of Fashion
- The Story of Alan's Catchy Tune (possibly)
- The Story of the Flamingo Festival
- The Story of Ronald and His Boulders (no lines)
- The Story of the Savannah Craze
- The Story of the Jungle Ball
- Isabel is the first character to have a redesign. Beginning in Season 2, she and her two students are given eyelashes.
- She has a dancing partner named Seamus in Episode 18.
- She and Pauline are friends.
- Isabel does not have eyelashes in Season 1.
- She is eventually very bossy to the other animals and eventually Pauline as revealed in Episode 32. However, she is not counted as a villain. She is instead counted as an anti-heroine.
- Isabel is the second character to speak with a foreign accent besides English, Scottish, and Irish. The first is Jazz (Hispanic) and the third is Hercule Mustache (French).