|“||(Nelson: Well, Eddie! I hope you've learned your lesson. You mustn't have a play near waterfalls because...) Eddie: ...because it's dangerous.||„|
|~ Eddie saying his first word after Nelson told him that it is dangerous to play on waterfalls.|
Eddie the Hippo is the nephew of Molly. He is a playful young hippo who often needs to listen to advice from the animals he meets.
He looks like one of the nameless hippos that taunted Henrietta.
Eddie is usually very playful, but is advised by the other animals of Africa what to do. Eddie rarely talks, because he only makes crying and bawling sounds.
- The Story of Eddie's Big Adventure (first appearance, one line only)
- The Story of Herbert and the Watermelon of Doom (no lines)
- The Story of Petula the Parrot (no lines)
- Eddie is the one of the characters who rarely speak.
- Eddie shares similar traits with Barbara. Both, he and Barbara are depicted as baby calves that chase a butterfly. The difference is that Eddie is a hippo and Barbara is a bison.