|“||I don't think you can surf here! You need waves!||„|
|~ Carrie, warning Joey, Jimmy, and Phoebe about surfing.|
Carrie the Cockatoo is a cockatoo who lives in Australia. She is the assistant of Joey, Jimmy, and Phoebe.
She is a sulphur-crested cockatoo with a light blue beak and feet. She has yellow crests, a tail, and two wings.
Carrie seems to be somewhat helpful and very good at helping Joey and his friends. She is known to speak Australian phrases as part of Australian vocabulary for characters to know, since she is from Australia.
Carrie is also known for being an intelligent assistant to Joey and sometimes Lucy. She is also very similar to Audrey as both of them are birds who give out wise advice.
- The Story of the Big Billabong Wave (first appearance)
- The Story of the Together Stones
- The Story of the Jimjameree Tree
- The Story of the Boomerangball Game
- The Story of the Last Buluru Berry
- Carrie is the first Australian resident not to appear outside Adobe Flash. The second one is Koala Mama.
- She is the second character to be a parrot. The first is Petula.
- However, this does not count the three Australian parrots as they do not have names.
- She shares similar characteristics with Isabel as both are depicted as birds and vocabulary instructors. However, there are a difference between two:
- Isabel teaches her students Mirabelle and Annabelle by speaking Italian and letting the two respond to them. Carrie, however, speaks Australian phrases in Australian English to the other animals.
- Carrie is the second animal to be a crested bird. The first is the Snip Snip Bird.
- She is the second bird to be very good at giving other animals advice. The first one is Audrey and the third one is Cassandra.
- Her favorite holiday spot is at the seashore, where she likes having a barbecue and surfing.
- She is based on a sulphur-crested cockatoo as stated above.